Monday, November 24, 2008

Oh, I'm sorry, but it's time to make a stand / Though we never meant to bite the lovin' hand

And over at Apple, home to the cult of all sorts of things, they seem to be having a customer service meltdown with older versions of iTunes spitting the dummy after taking money for tracks and JobsCorp saying, essentially, fuck you...

my favourite response from the good folks at iCentral comes from one Brooke:

I understand that since your computer does not meet the system requirements you

would like a refund. I am very sorry to hear you have run into this issue. I

will do my best to assist you!

Your request for a refund was carefully considered; however, according to the

iTunes Store Terms of Sale, all purchases made on the iTunes Store are final.

This policy matches Apple's refund policies and provides protection for

copyrighted materials.

You can review the iTunes Store Terms of Sale for more information:
http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/sales.html

I would recommend that you ask someone who has a computer that meets all the

system requirements if you can download your purchases. Once you have found a

computer that meets the requirements, reply and I will allow you to redownload

all of your purchases. After downloading onto that computer, you can burn all

your purchases to a disk and copy them to your computer.

I hope you continue to enjoy the iTunes Store, and if you have any other

problems with this issue, don't hesitate to reply to this email, and we'll be

more than happy to help you out! I hope that this information will assist you

with your issue. Thank you for contacting the iTunes Store Support Team. Have

a fantastic day!

Best Wishes,


Brooke

They might have the best PR in the world but they are still frigging corporate nasties....now back to writing about how much I love my new MacBook Pro.

No comments: