Sunday, November 19, 2006

scared scared scared / every day of my life

I like Pat Lang’s blog a lot…he has a pretty clear perspective and one that is rare in the myopic stratosphere that is political commentary in the United States, especially amongst those of his experience. The rest of us can rant and fume but the good Colonel was actually there and I suspect knows a little more than we do. His blog is authoritative and I visit it most days and it makes feel, comfortably, that I may not be completely off track.

This post caught my eye today and speaks absolute volumes about the moral vacuum that is the current US administration and, the man the Colonel so neatly refers to as The Decider.

""Laura and I were talking about -- we were talking about how amazing it is we're here in Vietnam," Bush said. "And one of the most poignant moments of the drive in was passing the lake where John McCain got pulled out of the lake. And he's a friend of ours. He suffered a lot as a result of his imprisonment, and yet, we passed the place where he was, literally, saved, in one way, by the people pulling him out."

[snip]

Now, maybe it is understandable that the inhabitants of Hanoi wanted to kill this enemy pilot who had fallen into their hands. Bad things often happen in the heat of battle, but for Bush to torture this long past event into something with which he can feel good about McCain's agony and the people of Hanoi is reprehensible.

Read the whole thing…he truly is scum, I can’t think of another word.

No comments: