Saturday, January 29, 2005

Sorry Yoko if I've Breached copyright but he would've approved... Sometimes I feel like a real, dyed in the wool commie posting all this stuff, and I'm sure there are those who would scream that others have died to let me express my opinion, so I should keep it to myself...so, further to my earlier post about the end of empire or something like that, comes this MSNBC / Newsweek piece that I found via Danielle (who got it off Russell Brown whom I usually read but have been a little slack with recently..time constraints etc) which is succinct but sadly seems will only appear in the international run of the mag..not that a US domestic printing would make the slightest difference. We already know about 26% of the US adult population are reasonably well informed and intelligent global citizens, another 28% or so are none of those things (no one who had even the most slender grasp on global realities would even contemplate voting for Bush), the balance didn't bother to vote so they exist on a level below that or simply don't count as we have no idea what they thought or think. I guess those that voted for Bush need to find their freedom cannon fodder somewhere, and I think its a reasonable guess that much of it comes from that mass...I wonder if there are any figures for enlisted soldiers' voting percentages..not who they voted for but what percentage actually voted. My understanding was that it was fairly much compulsory in Iraq but I imagine back home it would be fairly low. Juan Cole has this imaginary moment where Bush tells the truth back in 2002. And then there is this piece of rabid duck & cover scaremongering from the good old DHS

When you can't really function you're so full of fear .....you think you're so clever and classless and free but you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see
To quote Long John (little bit out of context but you get the drift)

No comments: