Wednesday, July 23, 2008

dunga dunga dunga dunga dunga dunga dunga dunga

We went to The Dark Knight tonight..wowee, a movie that actually lives up to it's hype. We've been trying to get tickets for days but it was worth it...I loved pretty much every cheek-slitting moment of it, but a couple of thoughts

  • I was well pleased to see Maggie Gyllenhaal get blown into a million fragments. If there is one actress who makes, me cringe it's her..I don't know why, maybe it's the Sunday Hallmark Channelness of her smarmy smile. The one miscasting.
  • I do enjoy being able to take the family of three to the movies and spend a grand total of US$7 for tickets, drinks, popcorn and parking. It's one of the pleasures of Indonesia.
  • I love the way the film continually caught you off guard, the slightly predicable conclusion to the bombs on the boat aside, and the 2 1/2 hours went without a single moment when I looked at my watch.
  • On the way home Brigid asked why Batman was no longer called Bruce Wayne...uhh he was we said. Her excuse: we were sitting too close to the screen. I've since insisted she have an early night.
  • I loved Jack Nicholson's slightly comic Joker in the last series but Heath Ledger, bless him, just kills it. He was incredible and mesmerising, it's just a shame he will never know it. Hollywood desperately needs male acting talent. You know the talent pool is not healthy when Leonardo Di Caprio gets cast in what should be credible roles. Bets on an Oscar?
  • Where the hell was Robin? I'm a traditionalist..I like Robin..gothic and a work of cinematic art it may be but I like Robin.
Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: